Chamomile and Cherry “Latte” for Sleep
Getting enough sleep can become a real challenge as we age or travel. Even using electronic devices late at night prevents your body from releasing melatonin for rest, which is triggered by lack of light.
Support a good night’s rest with this refreshing tea. Chamomile tea provides a sense of calm. Cherries contain B vitamins, magnesium, and melatonin which helps your body relax and prepare for sleep. Coconut oil, and almond butter taken right before bed help keep your blood sugar levels from bottoming out, which can wake you up. Almond butter has an added benefit of magnesium and tryptophan.
- Freshly brewed chamomile tea
- Optional: add cinnamon, cloves, and star anise to the tea
- ¼ cup frozen organic cherries
- 1 tablespoon sprouted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon collagen
- Optional: 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Brew your chamomile tea. I recommend using carbon filtered water. Add cinnamon, clove, and star anise to the tea mixture if desired.
- While your tea is brewing, add the cherries, almond butter, coconut oil and collagen to the blender.
- Once your tea has steeped for a few minutes, add it to the blender and blend.
- Sprinkle your finished latte with cinnamon powder (optional).