Loaded with health-boosting spices like ginger, garlic, and curry powder, this gut-soothing chickpea and lentil dish is the perfect easy-to-digest meal. If you want to feel vibrant, energized, and nourished, give this delicious recipe a try!
- 1-1.5 cups precooked beluga black lentils or French green lentils
- 1 16-oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1.5 Tbs ginger, minced
- 1 Tbs canola or olive oil
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 Fuji apple chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro
- Chop the apples, onion, garlic, ginger and cilantro.
- In a large saucepan: Cook the onion and garlic in the oil, stirring, over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry, ginger, and cayenne and cook 1 minute. Add the lentils and chickpeas and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Stir in the soy sauce, raisins, and water and cook 15 min, stirring often, until all the water is absorbed. If you like softer chickpeas, cook it for up to 30 minutes. Add the apple during last 3 minutes of cooking.