Cocoa Peppermint Rice Krispies
Take a trip down memory lane with these classic rice krispies with a healthy twist. With omega-3s from the nut butter, polyphenols from the cocoa, and menthol from the peppermint, these cocoa peppermint rice krispies pack a respectable nutritional punch when it comes to holiday desserts.
- 3 1/2 cups brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Combine the cereal and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until melted.
- Pour the melted mixture over the cereal and cocoa and mix until well coated.
- Transfer to a greased 8×8 baking dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours minimum.
- Cut into squares and serve.