Gluten-Free Nut & Seed Granola
Nuts and seeds are awesome sources of omega-3s, particularly for people who don’t eat fish. This nut and seed granola recipe packs huge omega-3 fatty acid power into a tasty, crunchy snack. The best part? It’s gluten-free and contains no added sugar!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups slivered raw almonds
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pulse the pecans and walnuts in a food processor about 3-5 times just until they are coarsely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, oats, nuts, chia seeds, flax seed, and cinnamon
- Place the dates in the food processor and pulse about 10 times, until the dates are nicely chopped. Add the dates to the nut and seed mixture, using your hands to combine the ingredients evenly.
- Warm up the coconut oil so that it turns to a liquid and then pour it over the mixture, again using your hands to distribute evenly.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the cranberries, stirring to combine.
- Increase the heat to 340 degrees and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before storing.