Nothing screams summer like a fresh tomatoes, sweet corn, creamy avocados and fragrant basil leaves. This salad is so quick and easy to make, and it keeps well in the refrigerator overnight – no wilting to worry about! Dressed with an alkaline combination of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, it’s also great for supporting a healthy internal environment.
- 2 ears white corn
- 1 large avocado
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Roast the corn, either directly on gas stovetop or on grill, rotating until browned.
- Chop the tomatoes and avocado and add to large bowl. Once the corn has cooled, shave off the kernels using a sharp knife and add to bowl.
- Chop the basil and add to bowl.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a separate bowl, then add it to the salad and toss to coat.