Heart Plus, with Vitamin C, L-Lysine and L-Proline (Free-Form Amino Acids), is based on Linus Pauling's formula to support cardiovascular health and Green Tea Extract, supports cardiovascular health, immune system function, and antioxidant activity!
Our Best-Selling Bundle inspired by Dr. Linus Pauling and featured in the Anti-Cancer Diet, The Bill Henderson Protocol
Heart Plus: Vitamin C, L-Lysine & L-Proline, 180 Tablets &
Green Tea Extract (505 EGCG), 400mg, 90 Vegetarian Capsules
- Vitamin C supports healthy arteries.
- L-Lysine and L-Proline support the body's appropriate use of cholesterol.
- Supports healthy blood pressure already within the normal range.
- Supports healthy digestion and detoxification.
- Assists in mood maintenance and immune enhancement.
- Promotes energy efficiency, a healthy metabolism, and anti-aging.
- Provides cardiovascular, nervous system, and bone density support.
Note: Heart Plus is sensitive to moisture. If you order a large quantity it is best to store in your refrigerator.
In 1991, Linus Pauling invented a non-prescription approach to heart health. The two-time Nobel prize-winning genius, chemist, and medical researcher made the strong claim that heart health can be maintained by a specific "mega-nutrient" therapy. Pleasantly, there are no known adverse side effects to the method developed by Pauling and his co-inventor, Dr. Mathis Rath, M.D. Their approach works, not by lowering cholesterol, but by supporting the foundation of cardiovascular health.
According to Pauling and Rath, cardiovascular health can be strongly supported by providing the body sufficient amounts of Vitamin C (which helps maintain the healthy production of collagen, a vital component for healthy arteries) and the amino acids L-Lysine and L-Proline which support the body's appropriate use of cholesterol as it pertains to cardiovascular health.
Inspired by Pauling and Rath's formula, Heart Plus has been developed to provide the specific "mega-nutrient" formula recommended. Each tablet contains a substantial amount of Vitamin C, as well as the amino acids L-Lysine and L-Proline to provide you with strong support for your cardiovascular and heart health.
Green tea has been used for over 5,000 years to support healthy digestion, mood maintenance, immune enhancement, detoxification, energy enhancement, and anti-aging. Unlike black and oolong teas, green tea does not endure a fermentation process and thus retains a host of beneficial phytonutrients.
Specifically, green tea contains high concentrations of polyphenols—plant-derived antioxidant compounds linked to health benefits ranging from immune system support to cardiovascular health.
The primary polyphenols found in green tea include four catechins—epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) being the most potent and extensively researched. As an antioxidant, EGCG ranks up there with ascorbate (vitamin C) and glutathione, and helps move harmful substances and unwanted microbes out of the body!
Green teas heart health benefits stem from its ability to soothe and normalize on cells and spur the production of nitric oxide, which acts to keep blood vessels relaxed and blood pumping efficiently.
Green tea also supports neurological and brain health by scavenging free-radicals and supporting healthy neuron function.
In addition to its well-known heart health benefits, green tea's EGCG support bone mineral density.
Green tea can come in various forms, including the whole leaves (used in beverages and some supplements) and in an extract form (with standardized percentages of stated active ingredients, such as polyphenol and catechin contents). While our Green Tea Extract has been decaffeinated, there is a common misunderstanding that decaf equals caffeine-free, which is not so.
For those sensitive to caffeine, heres what you should know about the caffeine content in Our Health Co-op's Green Tea Extract and how it compares to other common beverages:
- Coffee (8 oz brewed) = 135mg
- Black tea (8 oz) = 40-70mg
- Green tea (8 oz) = 25-40mg
- Cola (1 can) = 35-55mg
Cell Nutritionals Green Tea Extract (1 capsule) = 7mg
- Decaf coffee (8 oz) = 5mg
- Decaf black tea (8 oz) = 4mg
The numbers show that our Green Tea Extract is in the range of decaf beverages, but still merits tracking for those sensitive to caffeine.
- Heart Plus tablets may slightly darken after some time in the bottle. The reason for this is an interaction between vitamin C and L-Proline and it is not harmful. The vitamin C and L-Proline are still highly stable and effective.
- Other supplement vendors may add color coatings to conceal this change in color. At Our Health Co-op, we choose not to add unnecessary coatings and colors.
- The L-Lysine and L-Proline are Free-Form amino acids.