Pancreatic Enyzmes supports healthy digestion, nutrient absorption and elimination.
- Supports healthy digestion and food absorption.
- Prevents pre-mature aging.
**Clearance/on sale items may have 6 month shelf life or less.**
Pancreatic enzymes are required for the digestion and absorption of food. Each day, the pancreas secretes about 1.5 quarts of pancreatic juice into the small intestine. These enzymes are made up of primarily protease, lipase, and amylase, which break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates respectively. In addition to breaking down proteins, proteases are largely responsible for keeping the small intestine free of unfriendly parasites.
While enzymes are essential for normal digestion, most adults don't have enough of them. The main reason is the kind of food we eat. And, a poorly functioning stomach and intestines can lead to many acute and chronic health problems that may seriously interfere with your quality of life.
Enzymes are naturally present in the raw fruits and vegetables, not exactly the most popular food items for most Americans. To make matters worse, cooking and food processing destroy enzymes. As a result, most of the food we eat is enzyme deficient.
In addition, as we get older, there is a definite decline in the level of digestive enzymes produced in the stomach, pancreas and small intestine, usually after age 30 to 35. The reason for this is not clear, but it is an established medical fact.
The lack of enzymes leads to poor digestion, poor absorption, as well as accumulation of undigested food, material, metabolic waste and putrefied fecal matter in the intestinal tract. This can lead to food allergies, overgrowth of parasites, yeast and unfriendly bacteria, indigestion, constipation, belching, bloating and many other health problems.
As the digestive process deteriorates further, you may notice decreased energy, headaches, fatigue, general malaise and reduced resistance to infections.
Our vegetarian Pancreatic Enzymes is a plant-based enzyme blend. Unlike enzymes derived from animal sources, vegetarian enzymes works at a wide range of pH levels to break down food starting in stomach (pH about 3.0) as well as the more neutral intestines (pH about 6.0). This means that the capsule does not need to be enteric coated. Also, vegetarian enzymes can help digest wheat gluten, which may increase stomach and intestinal comfort.
- Best to take pancreatic enzymes at the start of a meal.
- Pancreatic enzymes can reduce the absorption of folic acid.
- Taking pancreatic enzymes with acidic foods or fruit juices can deter their efficacy.
- Wait a couple hours after taking digestive enzymes before taking an antacid, since acid neutralizers may interfere with the activity of certain enzyme supplements.
- Pancreatic enzymes: secretion and luminal nutrient digestion in health and disease. Layer P, Keller J.- J Clin Gastroenterol. 1999 Jan;28(1):3-10.
- Lipase supplementation therapy: standards, alternatives, and perspectives. Layer P, Keller J.- Pancreas. 2003 Jan;26(1):1-7.
- WholeHealth MD: Digestive enzymes
I've been using the pancreatic enzymes for years and I am very satisfied with the results,
The enzymes are great. they always are shipped so fast too.
I have been using this product for awhile and it really seems to help my digestion.
About 20 years ago a friend told me about Probiotics and Pancreatic Enzymes for relieving IBS and digestion problems. She also told me about Our Health Coop, and I''''ve been a satisfied customer ever since. Thanks for being there. I take this with Probiotics AR morning and night.
Many of the foods we eat today do not have enzymes. I take them with every heavy meal! I would not want to be without them!