Carrot Cake Cupcakes (gluten-free & no added sugar!)
Behold – carrot cake with calories you won’t feel bad about counting! Carrots, coconut oil, and pecans come together in this decadent recipe to create a moist, delicious cake perfect for serving with afternoon tea.
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol (a zero-calorie sugar alcohol)
- 1/2 tsp. liquid stevia drops
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Sugar-Free Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 packages reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, erythritol and stevia.
- Add carrots and pecans to wet ingredients.
- Gradually add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing to combine.
- Fill cupcake pans about three-quarters full with batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool, then make cream cheese icing by creaming the ingredients listed above in an electric mixer. Finally, frost the cupcakes.