Grilling season is upon us! What better way to kick off the summer than with these delicious kabobs straight out of Dr. Rodier’s Cellular Detox Diet in his book, Switching Off Chronic Disease?
- 12 shish kabob sticks (skewers)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup mushrooms (any variety)
- ½ of a pineapple
- Soak the skewers in water while you prepare the veggies and chicken (this prevents them from burning when you grill them).
- Cube the uncooked chicken into about 1 inch cubed pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and any other spices you want (onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cumin are tasty).
- Chop all of the veggies and fruit into similarly-sized chunks.
- Take your skewers out of the water and thread the meat and veggies on in any order you like, alternating between different ingredients (pineapple goes well next to chicken since it’s juicy).
- Once all the kabobs are ready, grill them for about 10-15 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked through and grill marks appear.