Nutty No-Oat Granola
Dr. Rodier recommends this gluten-free nutty granola for a healthy snack packed with omega 3 fats, lots of fiber, and plenty of protein in his book, Switching Off Chronic Disease. Almonds provide lots of magnesium. And sunflower seeds are a great source of vitamin B6!
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250°F degrees.
- Combine the almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds, and shredded coconut in a large bowl.
- Add the dry spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves) and toss to combine with the granola mixture.
- Add the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, and almond and vanilla extracts.
- Spread evenly over a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour until lightly browned and crunchy, making sure to stir the granola
every 10 or 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the cranberries,
stirring to combine.
- Let cool completely before eating.